Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Incredible Luigi and Mario Poster


This amazing poster design cropped up on tumblr today, and I haven't been able to find a credit for the artist. Reminds me of the 1990s UK Manga Video covers I used to meticulously copy when I was a spotty teenager, and the kind of imagery you used to find in magazines like Superplay. Of course, it's actually quite different from those kinds of images. There is a real sensitivity and a peculiar sexuality in this image of the Mario universe. I especially love the treatment on Luigi, he looks totally adorable! Amazingly sensitive rendering of his face. I really wish more contemporary games had really audacious cover and promotional art in this vein. Maybe we should crack on with something in this supermacho style. 

No comments:

Post a Comment